Do You Understand the Dangers Of Tap Water?
If you know the dangers of drinking tap water to your health and well being, you would think twice before putting it into you body.
We often take the purity of our tap water for granted and we shouldn’t. There are endless reports of contaminants in our tap water. Aging pipes leach contaminants into the water they carry and breed bacteria… a potential prescription for illness. Old-fashion water treatment systems built to filter out particles in the water and kill some parasites and bacteria, generally fail to remove 21st century contaminants like pesticides, industrial chemicals and arsenic.
To disinfect, chlorine is added to our water supply at the water processing plant. In many cities, ammonia is also added to the process which is called Chloramine, to stabilize the chlorine so it won’t vaporize over time. Here are a few quotes from the city of San Francisco water department pamphlet: “Chloraminated water can harm fish and amphibians, such as turtles and frogs, as chloramine passes through their gills and directly enters the bloodstream.
Do you think it’s safe for people and animals to drink?. Is it really safe for the human body? It might not kill us right away, but will slowly if accumulated over a long period of time. Chlorine or chloramin is known to be the cause of some illnesses. There are other contaminants that tap water may or most likely contain:
- Lead from soldered pipes – which can cause brain damage and decreased intelligence in children, result in anemia, low birth weight in children, increase blood pressure in adults
- Microbiological growth inside pipeline or tank
- Particulates from corrosion and rusting inside pipes or holding tanks
- Pesticides from leeching industrial runoff
- Mercury, which may cause kidney damage
- Radon from land decade can increase the risk of stomach cancer
- MTBE (Methyl Tertiary Butyl Ether), a cancer causing chemical
- Germs, bacteria and viruses
- Rocket fuel — perchlorate, harmful to the thyroid and possibly carcinogenic
- Arsenic, recently judged not safe at any level in drinking water, is still present at significant levels in the drinking water of 22 million Americans.
NRDC’s study revealed that periodic spikes in contaminant levels are on the rise, a sign that aging pipes and water-treatment facilities often can’t handle today’s contaminant loads. With the recent report on pharmaceuticals substance found in drinking water supply is just one of many cases. EPA estimates that 2-10% of bladder cancer may be from contaminated drinking water. The use of at source water purification devices is strongly recommended to protect you and your family’s health should you be concerned of the dangers of drinking tap water.
Get Clean Water with Shaklee CLICK HERE
Be sure to Change your filters as recommended.
Clean Water is Awesome! Drink Lots of it!
To Your Health!
Independent Shaklee Distributor
Contact Me Today for Questions:
office: 424-Best Biz (424-237-8249)